6 Sept 2019

The scarf

It is finished the scarf which I began first with another pattern
but saw that I won‘t be able to finish it to be recognized
as a scarf



and now this is Frau Mayer wearing it - a model once 
published in the magazine Brigitte, long long ago
when DH still made such things - today his objects are
larger, house renovation etc.




the sarf is for me


an intricate pattern - I was not able to form a scarf with



unravelling


washing and drying


and looking for another pattern
(see at the bottom of the page)



no fast knitting but I had the time during holidays
and summer heat when quiet sitting was the best 


Photo below:

It is the same wool under electric light - I knitted a cord 
to make the neck a bit more attractive -

knitting with two needles and 5 stitches - no turning
just pushing the knitted stitches to the beginnning and
go again from right to left 



the excess length ended in a knitted ball - I could make a snake‘s 
head of it - 



Frau Mayer and the scarf
the pattern


3 comments:

  1. Ach Anneliese, die ist wirklich TOLL geworden !!!
    Und ich liebe deine "Frau Mayer" .... die gute alte Brigitte : viiiieeeele Jahre hab ich die gelesen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scarf - thanks for link to the free pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll be looking extra lovely in your new scarf!

    ReplyDelete