25 Dec 2018

Snippets from December

This is Christmas Eve - people from our village in Blackforest
make a walk with torches uphill where a bonfire is lit
We could have walked with them but we rather watched
from the opposite side of the Köllbach Valley -
being there for the first time and not knowing how long this 
would last.




Back in our home village we attended a Christmas mess 
where we saw this very beautiful crib




Yes these slippers arrived in Boston and DD said that they fitted
very well - I washed them 60° in the washing machine and success
 -  they shrank to the right size.
A pity I did not take a picture. 
The foot is mine just for comparison - and my size is not negligible!



Gingermen - to give away - and I gave them away to our gymnastics
friends - in Blackforest




How we are celebrating in the gymnasium (Turnhalle by the way)
(looked it up in dict.de)



While DH worked in the kitchen as baker of sweet small cakes 
I had time to do what I like most - dig in my scraps or little samples



and think of something to make of it
and of course what comes out - purses, pouches, bags, utensiles



some are are living already in other homes - but this one below



is in use and travels with me - it is called sew-along-bag - and instructions
are from internet - you can find it on Pinterest or just google sew-along-bag



This one above was a little gift to grandson no. 1‘s beautiful and loveable 
girlfriend - her name is between the two orange buttons.

I am late to wish you merry Christmas but not too late to send you,
my readers, my wishes for a happy and healthy New Year.




2 comments:

  1. I got this site from my pal who told me about this web page and now this time
    I am browsing this website and reading very informative content at this
    time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pouch! I love having separate compartments.

    ReplyDelete