8 Jul 2017

Ties to bag

Fleamarket in France - they call it vide-grenier (empty attic)
I couldn't go past those ties. -
actually DH discovered them - I go to such events
telling to myself: "I hope I won't buy anything"
(a saying which I adopted  from old patchwork friend Ulla - 
no more among us)


Colours were just asorted wonderfully
light blue and one with black stripes for accent

Now I was trying to bring together those ties - making a bag
but had to ask Deanna of http://eclectic-meanderings.blogspot.fr/  for the pattern
I made a bag of ties before but didn't store the pattern
And dear Deanna sent it to me instantly after asking her


The advantage of internet!
She made bags with three ties. I wanted a bit a bigger one 
and tried it with four ties.






After pinning and tacking and undoing and again pinning 
that is what came out
It is rather solid and sturdy for I used the ties as they were.

-------
We are slowly moving our things from Haute-Saône to the
Vosges into our farmhouse - we want to give up the
"house of renovation" - We feel that it is to far to go to
from Germany.



Table and garden chairs in the trailor - 811m altitude
It is about the fourth loading - we are driving 1 hour 
from house to house.



----
Look at this sight - from the east side of the house.
So beautiful! We will spend soon some time here with our children
Same procedure as every year!


6 comments:

  1. Great bag, and instantly lined, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a good way to use up old ties ts has worked so very well. Happy moving have you got a buyer for the house yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Das ist ja eine tolle Tasche. Guter Kauf und gute Arbeit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tie bag turned out perfect! A great way to repurpose those ties. Good luck with selling your reno house and especially good luck with finding a new one to replace it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous way to upcycle the ties! Beautiful bag!

    ReplyDelete