15 Jan 2020

Mending and remembering


Old sweater - in fact not SO very old but haunted by moths -
since I love to repair all things because it is meditative
I unravelled the lower part where the wholes were and
knitted downwards
About the age: It might be 25 years - good wool
 - seldom worn - machine knitted by a friend.








Color is something like greenish blue - more the first pic
I knitted about 5 cm from top to bottom - I think it is pretty
good and wearable.



From time to time I am looking at my fake chocolates




and stumpwork - 4 square cm
the first one depicts Clara Schumann (1829-1896),
Clara Schumann was the pianist wife of Robert







The rest ist fantasy










It is mid-january - no snow about 8°C during the day

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your portraits!!!! Each and every one is a character!
    Clever you, re-knitting the sweater - can't see where you took over.
    Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice save on the sweater and lovely work!

    ReplyDelete