11 Sept 2017

Binding

Lots of thinking and what came out?


This. There is even a spine. Inside I fixed very narrow strips
which are drawn through a kind of crocheted eyelets and knotted loosely -
I could easily add more pages. There are six at the moment.


Beads at the end of the strips to give some weight


Turning over a page it looks like this - 



Detail of a page - I love the tunnel


.... and the toggles


.... and the bullion knots over a length of gimp.
     It was a wonderful class.

8 comments:

  1. Anneliese this really is lovely and to be treasured I can see how much you have enjoyed making this project beautiful so many stitches etc to see and admire

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is so much structure, things to touch and handle as well as to look at.
    The binding solution is great, you HAVE TO add more pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's up, just wanted to tell you, I liked this article. It was funny.
    Keep on posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This site was... how do you say it? Relevant!!
    Finally I've found something that helped me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there! I've been following your blog for some time now and finally got the bravery to
    go ahead and give you a shout out from Humble Texas!
    Just wanted to say keep up the excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Usually I don't learn article on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up
    very forced me to try and do it! Your writing style has been surprised me.
    Thanks, very nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks very nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous images. you did a fabulous job on this book.

    ReplyDelete