7 Mar 2022

A diary - it is March 2022

It is time again for the bear leek (Allium ursinum) - Bärlauch, wich is a perfect herb for salads, soups and more. It is growing in our region as early as this -  in March.


My inspiration for little charming things made of fabric is Ann Wood. These are mushrooms - quite a crafting and it takes some time. You need patience, cardboard, different fabrics, filling material, copper wire for the stems, needle and thread.




My knitting experiment

The yarn is beautiful, natural, linen, silk and cotton. I was however not satisfied with the pattern, I changed my mind, three times, undid, knitted backwards. Started new. 

This time I will pull through with 134 stitches on the round needle for the back of the summer vest, instead of nearly 300 front and back together - when I  could never see the end of one row.

The Chinese bowl is perfect for the yarn ball.



TextileArt.org offered a free workshop - the Stitch Camp! We needed  fabric, three different fabric colors, many different devices to spread the color - paint brushes, bank cards, I used also a fork. The painted „art“-work is being cut into small rectangles, sewn together and embellished with hand stitches.





Below my first try - the colors are quite ok, but the fabric! Actually very fine - but impossible to stitch through with an embroidery needle which would have been essential for this piece. So
I decided to do machine embroidery.  Open the photo and you will see the lines.
I love to do free machine stitching - it is effective and fast. I use Madeira viscose threads, made for machine sewing. They have a lovely sheen.








So much for today. Corona is not over - we still take care with masks and distance. Occasional  meetings with friends and FaceTime with family and children who are living abroad.


No comments:

Post a Comment