8 Oct 2017

Bookbinding - an update


Bookbinding online class - oh what did I start! 
I am courageous and started something quite new for me
Although while experimenting I long for fabric and thread
I can‘t deny it.




At least I made a front and back cover with a little
fabric, liberty scraps, and held it down with tulle and
then going over it with the sewing machine


Also a litte handstitching
embroidering the title with backstitches - Bunte Bücher 
(coloured books)
It is an online class with Anne Lange at
www.lange-nadel.de



After folding the pages and binding them with
an easy technique - the side edge binding



I started to think about the next steps ...
the actual binding of the book.
I have to combine two methods and it is not solved yet.
I didn‘t follow the instructions ------ now, readers, please excuse,
I chose the wrong expression. Of course, teacher never gives any
instructions but merely advices or suggestions. However, I am a complete newbie
in this craft and therefore very dependent of - lets call it now "recommendations".
OK?

And - a celebration - one piece for two
with coffee on an outing into the Black Forest/Schwarzwald


Fifty-five years together - two children - three grandchildren
A move from one French farmhouse into another French 
house will soon happen, soon? Maybe in two or three months
we started to move mentally. 



We enjoyed this cake - the calm before the storm -
but wait - the storm hasn‘t begun yet.





4 comments:

  1. I am sure there is no storm in your marriage! When two people stay together for 55 years it is well worth celebrating. Delicious looking cake, too.
    I think your book will be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the book looks beautiful. what is withing....just blank pages? you can certainly fill them with stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yoou actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic
    to be actually something that I think I would never understand.
    It seems too complicated and very broad for me. I am looking forward for yiur next post, I
    will try to get the haqng off it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have enjoyed looking back at some of your previous posts which I have found quite interesting. I too have a love for anything having to do with stitching cloth. I would like to follow you on Instagram but don't find a link here.

    ReplyDelete