1 Sept 2019

Still August - an update


Postman brought this to me from Canada - Susan Cuss painted it
and I was gifted with it - thank you so much for this wonderful surprise



Back in Schwarzwald we started to explore fortified castles
near our town Altensteig-Berneck.

This one is Hohennagold


situated high above the town Nagold
and oh, I love towers and embellished this fairytale book
a few years ago with Karen Ruane




I was looking for the window on top - and for Rapunzel -
but neither - nor!
Just the entrance on the ground





Old walls





gateways


and towers






and a stone ball sculpture





I climbed the stairs and



and looked down on DH










- - - - - - - - - - -
Then another day

A walk with friends



through the woods 

marvelling at mushrooms - not collecting them










Back in the basis camp



hedge overgrown by pumpkin plants



our winterstock of Hokkaidos
same procedure as every year - already known to my readers.

3 comments:

  1. Castle exploration sounds like a fun time. There's something so romantic about castles.....or is it just the magic from fairy tales of the past? So glad you are happy with your mail gift. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved seeing the towers with you and the mushroom walk. Thank you for enjoying yourself and amusing me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a good time for days out :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete